Data Privacy Notice
National Teachers College (NTC) is committed to the security and protection of your personal information. As such, we operate our school in compliance with applicable laws and regulations on data protection and data security. In doing so, we will ensure compliance by our staff with the strictest standards of security and confidentiality.
NTC Privacy Notice
Personal Information. All information relating to an identified or identifiable individual (natural person) including name, contact, details, address, email address, gender, age, date of birth, educational history, family members, and any information which is collected, recorded, held or stored by NTC.
Purpose and Use
NTC shall only collect your personal data (such as, names, addresses, telephone numbers, or e-mail addresses) in connection with the operation of our website and only when you have voluntarily provided such data to us (e.g. registration, contact inquiries, etc.). We are entitled to process or use such data by virtue of permission granted by you or on the basis of a statutory provision.
In general, we use such data only for the purpose for which you divulged the data to us, such as but not limited to:
- for the purpose of registration/admission and enrolment with NTC;
- to enable NTC to carry out or perform any services or functions as an education institution such as:
- to support student learning
- to monitor and report on student progress
- to provide appropriate pastoral care
- to assess the quality of our service
- to comply with the laws regarding data sharing
- to safeguard students
In addition to the foregoing, the data collected from you may be used or processed in any of the following instances:
- it is necessary for compliance with legal regulations on the part of NTC or mandated by governmental or judicial authorities;
- it is necessary to protect your vitally important interests, including life and health;
- it is necessary to respond to national emergency, to comply with the requirements of public order and safety, or
The categories of education information that the school collects, holds, and shares include the following:
- Personal information – e.g. names, pupil numbers and addresses
- Characteristics – e.g. ethnicity, language, nationality, country of birth, and household income
- Attendance information – e.g. number of absences and absence reasons
- Assessment information – e.g. national curriculum assessment results
- Relevant medical information
Disclosure of Personal Data
Your personal data possessed by NTC shall be kept confidential. However, it may be necessary for NTC to disclose and transfer your personal data to third party companies, entities, or service providers engaged by NTC. to perform certain services on behalf of NTC., including the following:
- Insurance providers;
- External Consultants and other Professional Advisors, such as auditors and legal firms;
- Contractors or Sub-Contractors; and
- Such other service provider that may be appointed by NTC
NTC shall exercise reasonable and appropriate administrative and security measures and procedures to prevent unauthorized or unlawful processing, loss of or damage to, your personal data.
NTC shall implement reasonable and appropriate organizational, physical, and technical measures intended for the protection of personal information or data against any accidental or unlawful destruction, alteration and disclosure. The employees, contractors, sub-contractors or representatives of NTC who are involved in the processing of personal information or data shall operate and hold personal information or data under strict confidentiality if the personal information or data especially if it is not intended for public disclosure.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we employ commercially reasonable security measures to protect data and seek to partner with companies which do the same, we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to or from the website and are not responsible for the actions of any third parties that may receive any such information.
NTC uses a third-party service to analyze the web traffic data for us. Our registration site use session cookies but will be deleted once user closes the session. Our main website does not collect any personal information. Only non-personal data are analyzed, such as:
- type of Internet browser
- operating system used,
- domain name of the website from which you came,
- number of visits
- average time spent on the site
- pages viewed
Amendment to the Privacy Notice
NTC reserves the right, in our sole discretion, to modify this Privacy Notice at any time, so please review it frequently. The most updated version of the Privacy Notice shall apply and supersede all previous versions of this Privacy Notice.
Questions and Comments
NTC will respond to reasonable requests to review your personal data collected by us and to correct, amend or delete any inaccuracies. If you have any questions or comments about the NTC Data Privacy Notice, please send us an email at email@example.com.