Certificate for Professional Teaching Program (CPTP)
Certificate for Professional Teaching Program (CPTP) is a special offering open to degree holders who wish to become professional teachers. The curriculum includes subjects in the professional education component of the teacher education program which are required by the Commission on Higher Education and the Professional Regulations Commission for you to take the Licensure Examination for Teachers (LET). You can take a maximum of 9 units in a semester or term .
- Once you have completed the 18 units, you may already take the LET.
- If you do not have a teaching experience, you may continue to take the 31-unit program since experiential teaching is a requirement especially if you plan on teaching in public schools.
- If you have already teaching experience, you will need to submit proof to the Dean of the School of Teacher Education to waive the 8 units practice teaching and you will be required only to take the Field Study. After compliance, you will be issued a certificate of completion of the program.
We do not have entrance examination. To enroll, kindly visit our admission office and submit the following requirements:
- Certificate of Transfer Credential (Honorable Dismissal) from the last school attended
- Certificate of Good Moral Character (if not yet included in the Honorable Dismissal) from the last school attended
- Transcript of Records (TOR) from the last school attended
- Original and Photocopy of PSA Birth Certificate
- Two (2) pieces 1×1 ID Picture
- Two (2) pieces Long Brown Envelope