Click HERE to download the application form
Applicants are invited to apply for the Project Lawin Scholarships for the Academic Years 2020-2021.
The Project Lawin Scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship for a Master’s Degree in Guidance and Counseling and for a Master’s Degree in Special Education.
Only Filipino citizens are eligible to apply for the Project Lawin Scholarships.
For the Academic Year 2020-2021, one Project Lawin Guidance Counseling Scholarship and one Project Lawin Special Education Scholarship will be awarded.
The aim of the Project Lawin Scholarships is to develop a corps of dedicated and well-trained professionals in Guidance Counseling and Special Education, who will serve in the public school system and help to take care of those students in need of expert care.
The duration of each Master’s Degree Program is 2 academic years.
Available Master’s Degree Programs
One Master of Arts Degree in Guidance and Counseling from the National Teachers College in Manila, NCR
One Master of Arts in Education Degree, Major in Special Education from the National Teachers College in Manila, NCR
Exemption from the payment of tuition fee for 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 school year amounting to Pesos 87,440 for MA Guidance and Counseling and Pesos 86,620.00 for MA Special Education
Monthly amount of Pesos 5,000 per month for 10 months beginning in August and ending in May each year, for two years
- Must be a holder of a bachelor’s degree in education or allied fields such as psychology, social work, nursing, and others
- Must have obtained a professional teaching license
- GPA of 3.5 out of 4.0 or equivalent upon completion of bachelor’s degree
- Must be willing to work for a minimum of 3 years at a Philippine public school upon completion of the master’s degree
- Must be able to show adequate proof of need for financial support
The last date to apply for the Project Lawin Scholarships will be September 14, 2020.
- Application essay of 1000 words or less that explains candidate’s reason for earning a Master’s degree and plans of serving in a public school for 3 years
- Two recommendation letters from a former instructor and a former or current employer
- A certified true copy of the original transcript of records regarding all academic semesters or school years completed during previous studies beginning the undergraduate level
- Resume that summarizes your academic, extra-curricular, and employment history
- Copy of government-issued identification document
- Medical certificate indicating fitness to engage in further studies
Late and incomplete applications will be rejected.
The Project Lawin Selection Committee shall have sole discretion in selecting the scholarship awardees.